Did you know ...
- Over 50 million people worldwide have epilepsy
- Over 3 million in our country alone deal with epilepsy daily
- It costs annually $15.5 billion in direct and indirect costs for those 3 million
- 10% of the population will experience a seizure at least once in their lifetime in the US
- 120,000 of those will be under the age of 18
- 45,000 children under the age of 15 in the US will develop epilepsy a year
- Children under two and adults over 65 have the highest incidence of epilepsy
- In 70% of new cases, no known cause is found
- Seizures can kill (SUDEP)
*More information can be found here.