The doctor gave us the choice to start tapering her off it now or we could wait until after school which is what I opted for to have more time. My four year old also had her routine doctor visit with her specialist and her med was reduced. I couldn't fathom the idea of weaning two children off their potentially life saving meds so I opted to go one at a time. All I can say in spite of the last four years of numerous hospitalizations, doctor visits, emergency room visits and scares, if both end up healthy again, I won't complain. There are many children worse off with different forms of epilepsy and harsher forms of asthma/allergies. I watched my youngest almost die when she was a little older than one so I know the fear parents have to face.
Even if both girls become healthy, we will continue our non-profit trying to bring some cheer to children in the hospital. This was our main goal for starting our page and we will continue this goal for as long as possible.