We're very grateful to our Indiana volunteer, Stacey Burns, who will be representing Angels4Epilepsy, Inc. at the August 3rd Epilepsy Community Awareness Day in Indianapolis. If you reside in Indiana, please stop by as the Indiana Epilepsy Foundation has some great speakers lined up and a lot of great information.
Saturday, August 3, 2013
1 to 4 p.m.
Indianapolis Colts Pavilion, 7001 W. 56th St., Indianapolis
Admission is free!
More than 3 million Americans have epilepsy which can strike everyone from infants to the elderly. Yet most people know very little about seizure disorders.
To raise awareness about this often misunderstood condition we are pleased to present an afternoon of educational activities and family fun. You will find information on such topics as seizure safety and first aid, school and work issues, treatment options and more.
There will also be community resources and epilepsy support opportunities to explore, a variety of professional speakers and even a special play area for the kids.
Our speakers and their topics will include:
- Dr. Cyndi McGarvey -- Avoiding Seizure Triggers
- Anthony Harris, Chase Bank -- Financial Strategies for Families Living with Epilepsy
- Kelly Ridge, Guest Physician -- VNS Therapy
- Heather & Michaela Long -- Anti-Bullying, Acceptance & Awareness
- Rob Moss and family -- Seizuretracker.com /My Epilepsy Dog